Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Murphurles


                                                                                
                                                                  Murphurles        
            Wow, I never thought that they would abandon me like they did.  What did I do wrong?  I wonder if dad had it with me jumping on the couch every time he left the house.  Maybe mom did not like how I ate their son’s cowboy boots?  Did the cat tell them that I was eating his food? I just don’t understand…mom loved me.  I remember that short lady coming over for a visit.  She must have really liked the way I greeted her, because she took me outside and put me in her child filled car. Was I going on vacation? The youngest kept pulling my tail.  I did not like that.  We dropped off all of the children at church and went for a ride.  I thought we were going back home, but no, we ended up back at a big brown mountain and the girls got back in the car.  I looked out the window and saw mommy.  "Mommy mommy, hey come and get me, I do not like it here with this family!"  I missed my kids, they called my name, and my heart sank when they drove off.  Where did they go?  This short lady took me to her home.  There were two dogs and three cats living there.  I was use to my cat but not all these strange cats.  The big black dog pushed me around and made me wait until he was done eating before I could eat.  Why was he so mean to me?  The youngest kid came and pulled my tail while I ate my dinner.  I decided to show her not to hurt me by biting her in the arm.  Now I have shown her.  The next thing I knew the short lady put me back in the car and took me for a ride.  Oh, could it be. Yes, it is. It is my home!  Where is mommy?  I got out of the car and ran into her arms as fast as I could, we would never be separated ever again.  That night I got to sleep in bed next to my mommy.  It is my job to protect her and I would never leave her side again.  A couple of days later, mommy turned a strange white color.  I remember laying my head on her to make her feel better.  What it that rattling noise I was here?  Mommy must really be sick.  I stayed right with her being the faithful friend that I was.  A couple of days later a really nice girl came to visit us.  She worked really hard to make mommy feel better.  I was so excited when she took me for a walk.  Since mommy was sick, I had not taken many walks.  Wait, what are you doing?  This girl took me and put me in a really big car taking me far from my home.  They took me to a big house out in the country and chained me to a tree.  There was a little house attached to my chain that I slept in at night or in the rain.  I am afraid of the dark and they left me outside at night.  One day the youngest kid in the family decided to come and visit me.  Oh boy, company!  She started pulling my ears and it really hurt. I remembered that the last time someone hurt me I bit them and ended up going back home.  Chomp!  I got her good.  A man named Uncle Roger came and put me in his car.  Home home home.  Wait, what is this big blue house?  A grandma and grandpa walked out the front door and gave me a big hug.  This home was not my home, but it did not have any annoying kids.  For the rest of my life I missed my family, but grandma and grandpa always took great care of me. He always hugged me tight and told me that you did not want to leave me the way you did.  The day I died, grandpa wrapped me up in the blanket that grandma made for me. He walked out into the back yard and placed me in a nice big hole.  I noticed that grandma could not stop crying while grandpa placed the dirt on my limp body.  I am never alone in this hole, because grandma comes out to talk to me once in awhile.  She even planted a pretty flowering tree where grandpa buried me so that she could have a peaceful place to relax on a hot summer’s day.  Mommy, I never forgot you, and I really missed you.


We had our dog Murphy while the kids were going up.  When we moved to Europe we had to give him away.  I always wanted to take him with us, but we did not know where we would be living and had to leave him in the states.  To this day, Brian and I wish we would have handled finding a home for our faithful dog in a better way.  Sometimes lessons learned are very sad ones to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment